The last time I wrote, I was deep in the winter blahs. I didn’t have much energy and didn’t feel like myself. Well, I am happy to report that I’m feeling a million times better. In addition to stocking up on multivitamins, fish oil, and iron, I bought a light-therapy box from Amazon–and I’m telling you, every day is a sunny one with this thing. Of course, nothing is perfect, but my regimen has been a big help for my mood.
You know what else puts me in a good mood? An inspirational quote. Here are 10 to inspire you today.
1. “Self love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It’s about accepting all of yourself.” -Tyra Banks
2. “Confidence comes from discipline and training.” -Robert Kiyosaki
3. “Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way.”-Les Brown
4. “This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.” -Dalai Lama
5. “Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.” -Og Mandino
6. “‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.” -Alice Walker
7. “Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it’s cowardice.” -George Jackson
8. “The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.” -Benjamin Franklin
9. Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.” -Oprah Winfrey
10. “Come forth into the light of things; let nature be your teacher.” -William Wordsworth